- Being Diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
- Caring for Someone with Parkinson's Disease
- More Information
- Books About Parkinson's Disease
Being Diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
Receiving a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease means that there are many issues that you may have to handle with your friends, family, and others. Read here about how to deal with these situations.
- Where to Begin When You Have First Been Diagnosed
- Coping Strategies
- Coping with Young Onset Parkinson's Disease
- Dealing with the Emotional Challenges
- Impact of Parkinson's on Relationships
- Managing Your Diet
- Making Your Home More Accessible
- Coping With the Sexual Side Effects
- Can I Drive With Parkinson's Disease?
- Parkinson's Disease and Work Concerns
- Telling Strangers: Tips for Coping with Awkward Situations
- Working with Your Neurologist and Care Team
- Tips For Dressing Yourself
- Tips for Managing Your Medications
Caring for Someone with Parkinson's Disease
Tried and true methods of care for the caregiver of a person with Parkinson's disease including information about emotional, financial and safety concerns, and information for family members of people with PD.
- Caring for a Family Member with Parkinson's Disease
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Emotional Challenges for Young Children
- Parkinson's Disease Discussion Forum
- Parkinson's Disease Newsletter
- Resources and Services for Parkinson's Disease Patients and Caregivers
Find out more about Living with Parkinson's disease, information about the history of the disease and the people who have it.
- Why People With Parkinson's Achieve Great Things
- Is There a Parkinson's Personality?
- Readers Respond - Share Your Experiences
Books About Parkinson's Disease
There are many books out there aimed at helping Parkinson's Patients and Caregivers. Read my reviews of helpful books.
- 'Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist'
- 'Life in the Balance'
- 'Making the Connection Between Brain and Behavior'
- 'Parkinson's Disease: A Complete Guide for Patients and Families'